Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Slow Cooker Coolness

Cook with a Slow Cooker as often as possible.

Why?

Because it makes cooking simple. Everything in one pot, turn it on, leave it alone.
Because it will save you money on your grocery bill. Using actual produce instead of prepackaged foods is cheaper.
Because it's a more nutritional way to cook. Using actual produce instead of prepackaged foods is healthier.
Because it will save you money on your power bill. A slow cooker on Low uses less power than a 100 watt light bulb.
Because it will make the house smell wonderful all day. It just will.

There are probably more reasons but these are just off the top of my head and should be reason enough.

You don't have a Slow Cooker?

They're cheap. You can usually pick up a 4 quart model (which is about the handiest size for most dishes) for around $30. Incidentally a "Crock-Pot" IS a slow cooker. "Crock-Pot" is just a brand name used by Rival.

This year, 2009 (coming year actually (tonight at midnight)) one of my personal goals is to find ways to save money while simultaneously NOT adding more work to my life. Don't misunderstand me. I have no aversion to work. As a freelancer I put in a lot more hours than the average nine to fiver (I said average). Point simply being that there are undoubtedly ways to save time and money at the same time. I'm simply making a conscious decision to search them out. I'll post them here when I find good ones. Using a slow cooker more often is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment